Some time ago I wrote about said paper. To be more precise, I didn’t write about the science per se (not my area of expertise), but I wrote about having had noticed an error in it.
I tried to get in contact with the author, which remained fruitless.
At the end of September 2015 I pinged a staff member of the “EJCN” (European Journal of Clinical Nutrition) about said issue. I didn’t hear back from them either.
Today I checked the paper’s page on EJCN and what do you know, there’s a correction [SHA1SUM]. It appears it was released in December of 2015, which is a decent response time. A lot can be said about journals & “peer review” etc. etc.
This time complaining was beneficial. If You find errors, complain as well. Please.