Well… sort of.
I finally got the PCBs from sparkfun! Almost 6 weeks, 9 days only for the “air mail” letter to get to me. Maybe my “dear friends” at the customs office were “busy” again.
Unfortunately my request to change the design I had ordered with an updated one seems to have gone unheard. Even though I sent them an email only a few hours (at most) and the design had not been panelized at that time. Oh well. On the bright side: I got 4 boards and payed for 2 ;-)
The negative effect of the “not so up-to-date” PCB is that auto-reset doesn’t work. So far I didn’t have any problems getting code onto the board using the Lilypad bootloader. Also the LED order is a bit confused, but that can be fixed in software using a simple array pin mapping.
Here’s a short video:
And the Arduino code (ATmega168/328):
For code and design files click on ‘Projects–>GIT repo’ in the menu above.
– These LEDS die like flies. Touch’em twice with the iron and they’re dead as a doornail.
– They also seem to suck in the flux and short out.
– I’m down to just one working board, as I’ve killed 5 LEDs today.
And the last video for today:
Once I get the “replacement” RGB LEDs into my fingers I’ll fix the 2nd board and see how it looks on my BIKE! It should make a perfect taillight. Perfectly illegal in this country too. Muahahaha. I’ll have to find a good use for the other 2 boards too ;-)